Author Topic: Bobby Lake-Thom  (Read 74433 times)

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Robert Lake-Thom
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 04:43:40 pm »
There is another thread on this guy

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=818.0
Bobby Lake-Thom

And here is an example of why people with peculiar ideas are more than nice people who are a bit eccentric. Unfortunately they pass on their ideas as real traditions and in this case it appears he has  authorized other people to do the same.

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=792.0
Reply #13
Lighteagle is a fully apprenticed Bear Medicine Shaman who was trained in the old traditional Native American ways for thirteen years. During the final stage of his apprenticeship he lived alone for nearly a year in a remote mountainous area in the primitive ways of his ancestors.

Following completion of his training, he was befriended by Senior Elder Medicine Grizzly Bear Bobby Lake Thom, who encouraged him to reach out further to others in his work, and advises Lighteagle if requested to do so.

If you do a search on Weylin Lighteagle this is one of several threads that come up on the guy. Weylin is right out there...

windbear

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 05:31:55 pm »
I would like to thank you all for your input...I bid you all a fair well. and a good and peacefull journey

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2008, 04:06:33 pm »
Ok I am sorry that people get fooled that is why this board is so important.
I have to say YES, there are tribes who still have thire, culture, spirituality intacted.
The thought that people think we have no pure culture because of so many cultural fakes out there is wrong. We are still here and we are still people.
In Spirit

Offline Fisher

Bobby Lake-thom
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 04:09:20 pm »
This guy needs some looking into.
I don't like this but while on chemo, went to see this guy who 'took on my case'.
He is not from my area..and am far from home and no one around here but the wannabe's and traveling 'spiritual leaders' who charge for everything....so with referrals from others went.
Has a long history of this latter found out... tried to do perverted things, talked about money a lot.....I did leave.
He does have some gifts but money and power seems to be the main thing and messing with women, claiming his bodily fluids....can understand how ones spit...but semen? Sex? And the way he talked about it....the way he behaved....No way.
Charges for everything with the excuse that people don't bring firewood, moneys for that, his time, herbs,.....why not tell people to bring some things to help out if they don't know or don't care
If challenged he will make up stories about you to keep you out of his 'loop' to protect himself...keep his 'friends' and immediate family that don't know what's he's up to so his comfortable living circumstances now gotten isn't in jeopardy....poor newer wife.
If not so sick, I would have reported this a while back...and also a little paranoid as he does have some powers.
As one who truly knows told me, some people are like coins...have 2 sides.
Another who is involved in spiritual and domestic abuse said....that's why less people go to healers because of lack of trust with so many like him which affects culture and less who have gifts to commit, learn the langauge if they don't know it ...it is not an easy life.
So warnings about this person.....he may do some well for some...don't know....don't care.....but would never recommend him  to anyone.
Still feel like a fool about it all.... :-[

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Bobby Lake-thom
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 04:57:15 pm »
Merged the thread with an older one we have. Hopefully this may help you some.

Hello Fisher. I'm not doubting what you say, but would like more specifics, esp with as serious a charge as you are making about him abusing women. As you can see from the older posts and Thom's own words, he is a dubious character at best. But if people need to be warned he is not merely eccentric or deluded but possibly dangerous, that's a charge where we have to be careful about and back it up as best we can.

Could you be more specific about excactly what you claim he did? Was this to you or to others you know? Of course we would not ask you to reveal anything which would expose your identity or others. You may contact a mod in private by IM if you wish. In over a decade we have never broken anyone's trust.

Offline Fisher

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 06:48:26 pm »
I will be fine with telling all the details....but feel it may be troublesome for me and family....there is the perverted behavior also that maybe too graphic ....maybe youngsters reading here.... so how do I contact you?
I am not making this up nor trying to make trouble.
It is something that needs to be told so others may be warned.
He did not have a site back then.
I tell the truth and if taken to court, he would have a hard time to impossible to prove me proving me wrong....lying.
This is a serious accusation but this is true.....
He stays low but has a following and continues to 'doctor'.
I also later found out that he has people who very much dislike him.
How do I contact you? Click under your screen name?

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 06:57:15 pm »
Yes, click on his profile and on his profile page there is a link to send him a message.

Offline Fisher

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 07:40:55 pm »
Thank you...will do that later.

How do I get my email off of board and profile? Have been trying.

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 07:46:15 pm »
Thank you...will do that later.

How do I get my email off of board and profile? Have been trying.

Go to Profile, under the Modify Profile click on Account Related Settings. 

Then you can click Hide Email Address From Public.   :)
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Fisher

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 08:02:50 pm »
Can't get it to work yet!

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2010, 09:33:34 pm »
I just looked, your email is hidden.  :D
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Fisher

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2010, 11:16:23 pm »
 ??? Still see the envelope and then a box for sending email with address on it....well...let's see.

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 12:16:34 am »
Hi Fisherand welcome

I had that same thing happen, and you will be relieved to know you can see your own email when you are logged in, but for everyone else it just says hidden.

Offline Fisher

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2010, 01:28:24 am »
Thank you all :)

Offline luv2sweat

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2010, 07:26:08 am »
I knew Bobby for several years. Here are some facts. He has some healing abilities. He will doctor just about anyone who asks for his help. His non-native wife is a total sweatheart. What will it take for him to help you by doctoring or developing your native spirituality? MONEY, lots and lots of it. For a healing session, he expects and will tell you around 300-400 dolloars. If you offer less he will push you for more. Vision quest, 1200-1500 dollars, plus a pendleton blanket (300 more), plus gas and other items along the way. So, around 2k total. If the trip is cancelled for some reason, don't expect your money back either. If you want to spend time trying to learn, expect to continually bring money, wood and "gifts." If you stop feeding him money at any time he will bug you for more. Most of what he teaches you in person is the same stuff in his books. When women are around, yes he does make sexual comments that leave you feeling uneasy. As for other stuff involving women, I wont discuss that in open forum. Hope this helps.