Author Topic: Steve McCullough aka Iktomi Sha & Salt Creek Sundance  (Read 254520 times)

Offline C Standing Bear

Re: Steve McCullough
« Reply #180 on: September 06, 2011, 02:38:03 am »
http://labs.limecraft.com/spearandpipe/   >:(    Bet you cant watch it alll the way through with not wanting to punch some one.

Notice he says "the one that keeps the sword rules the world"  then he says he is the keeper.

Offline Superdog

« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2011, 05:55:08 pm »
http://labs.limecraft.com/spearandpipe/   >:(    Bet you cant watch it alll the way through with not wanting to punch some one.

Notice he says "the one that keeps the sword rules the world"  then he says he is the keeper.

You have GOT to be kidding......

"The Spear of Destiny"  lol.....is this Tenacious D?

Haven't watched the vid yet as the the player doesn't seem to work for me, but I'm downloading it and will comment on it later, but from the synopsis, this is a documentary about McCullough working with a legendary spear that supposedly was used at Jesus' crucifixion called the "Spear of Destiny" and spending 9 years creating a ceremony to make it into an object of peace and travelling to Belgium to conduct it (and apparently have it all filmed).......

Wow......SMDH

Superdog

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #182 on: September 07, 2011, 01:59:11 pm »
This is pretty disturbing. That Spear of Destiny legend is popular and best known among neo Nazis. They claim Hitler, Napoleon, and other white conquerors all possessed it. It shows up in all kinds of bizarre sci fi and fantasies by racists. Just who is McCullough trying to appeal to?

And this also points one helluva messiah complex for McCullough. "I rule the world!"

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2011, 04:04:01 pm »
I received an account from a Native support group in Europe about McCullough's latest ceremony selling.

-------
Dear friends,
Mister "spider" is at it again in Belgium, more precisely in Flanders.
Tomorrow he wil perform a Lakota "healing ceremony" in  Averbode for "voluntary donations"
As soon as the news reached us we did the utmost to prevent the session, although lots of people who ,in all honesty ,were ignorant will not attend the event, others on the other hand are furious and said that we preach 'aggression and hate".   
However we succeeded in the fact that a bona fide website immediately removed the announcement of the event.
Unfortunately, that is all what we could do, for the moment.
For 20 years now, we try to teach people to forget the "stereotype Indian."
We teach children about the past of the American Indian nations so they can understand the present better.
But men like Steve Mc Cullough and his followers make it very difficult.
On our blog you will find "news from Indian Country" translated in Flemish.
Alerts about Native American Frauds goes out instantly.
My question for you is: are  there any international laws against people like Steve Mc Cullough  ? When did he leave America (so we can try to find out if he is legally in Belgium, does he has an international working permit?) and so on.
So, I hope you can provide me with more recent news about his antics in America and everywhere in Europe.
Sincerely,
Alice

ps. For tomorrow 's ceremony we can only wish the weather will be so foul that they have to cancel the event.

Offline KaylaOmimi

« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2012, 08:43:15 pm »
Dear Friends,

I think that our people should be less worried about the frauds and more worried about our lives. We need to take care of our own and be happy for what we have. I understand that some of these people may not be full blood...that does not give you permission to criticize these people. I bet none of these people on here have even been to any of Steve Mccullough's ceremony's or even met him in person. He is a kind hearted man and I've seen miracles happen. I've seen many people cured of cancer after a healing ceremony. He doesn't ask for donations...He will kindly accept them but will never ask for them. He speaks words of kindness and equality of all races. Which is a beautiful thing. He awakens many hearts and opens many minds which we should be thankful for because that's what got us in trouble in the first place, close minded people.We all all human beings and we are all related. Why do you think that we say Mitakuye Oyasin? He does everything traditionally which should be our main worry. Please keep your hearts happy and your minds open. Also, about the "Spear of Desiny" it's a peace ceremony done with a replica of the spear not the real one so don't get all hyped up about ruling the world and everything because that's not that serious...hahaha There is no sundance with Steve in Kentucky. The reason the Salt Creek Sundance was started was to stop the digging of burial grounds...which we should be thankful for and it's a beautiful thing to have everyone working so hard together to create such Unity. :) Have a beautiful day.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2012, 09:37:25 pm »
KaylaOmimi can you tell me if you are native then
what right do you have to tell a Lakota person that we
have no right to protect out way of life.
Then you want to use our words to promote the abuse
you newagers are doing. Im sorry a fraud is fraud no matter
what type of blanket you put on him. This man is not native

In Spirit

« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2012, 05:22:54 am »
Who the F*** would want to make a replica of a "spear" that is the instrument
to slaughter or enslave non Christians. What a horrible thing. It should be destroyed
not replicated. And to think he uses it for a ceremony of peace. There is no peace
there. And I can't think of one person who believes in peace that would want any
kind of replication of such a horrible thing.
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2012, 06:17:36 pm »
Dear Friends,

I think that our people should be less worried about the frauds and more worried about our lives. We need to take care of our own and be happy for what we have.

So we should just lay back and accept people stealing and bastardizing culture and tradition and be happy?

I understand that some of these people may not be full blood...that does not give you permission to criticize these people.

Yet you have permission to in turn criticize?  Again, we should just allow these people to conduct themselves in an untruthful manner?

I bet none of these people on here have even been to any of Steve Mccullough's ceremony's or even met him in person. He is a kind hearted man and I've seen miracles happen. I've seen many people cured of cancer after a healing ceremony.

Why should anyone here go to one of Steve's ceremonies when we have legitimate leaders from our own respective Nations to attend ceremony with?

He doesn't ask for donations...He will kindly accept them but will never ask for them. He speaks words of kindness and equality of all races. Which is a beautiful thing. He awakens many hearts and opens many minds which we should be thankful for because that's what got us in trouble in the first place, close minded people.We all all human beings and we are all related. Why do you think that we say Mitakuye Oyasin?

I do not think co-opting another cultures traditions and promoting the co-opting of traditions to be beautiful, I find it to be shameful.  I do not say Mitakuye Oyasin, it is not part of my culture.  Is it part of yours?  My Nation has it's own creation story and we are not related, sorry.

He does everything traditionally which should be our main worry.

You are right this is a main worry because these are not his traditions.

Please keep your hearts happy and your minds open. Also, about the "Spear of Desiny" it's a peace ceremony done with a replica of the spear not the real one so don't get all hyped up about ruling the world and everything because that's not that serious...hahaha

Did you watch the video?  I doubt it or you would not be supporting him lol.

There is no sundance with Steve in Kentucky. The reason the Salt Creek Sundance was started was to stop the digging of burial grounds...which we should be thankful for and it's a beautiful thing to have everyone working so hard together to create such Unity. :) Have a beautiful day.

Would you please respond to earth7's post?

« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2012, 01:08:56 am »
He doesn't ask for donations...

Why do I see a "donation" button on the site if he isn't asking for them?
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2012, 05:59:59 pm »
I have met him and also am going on the word of Darlene Cross, Vernal's widow who said he is a fraud. The word of a full blooded elder who interpreted for her husband who was a ceremony leader is good enough for me!

Offline KaylaOmimi

« Reply #190 on: February 03, 2012, 07:41:13 am »
Yes. I am Native. You shouldn't have to ask that question though because color and race doesn't matter to me. As long as someone has their heart in the right place then I think it's right. You're saying just because someone is a different race than us, Spirit cannot be with them too. I don't think that is in our hands. I understand that we want our traditions protected. I do too. It shouldn't be a matter of race. I'm happy that our ways are being taught. It is keeping them alive as long as they are taught the right way. I have been raised in these ways as have most of you and I know a fraud when I see one. Steve is traditional and respectful.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2012, 01:03:35 pm »
Kayla are you Lakota?  Were you raised in community?  Have you read earth and Cetan's posts? Please be honest  :)

Why are you happy that McCullough is going to Europe conducting and teaching ceremony?  Why are you happy that, if McCullough is all he claims to be, he is not in community teaching the young people?  Are you aware of what is going on with the young people?  Doesn't it concern you that he is being less than honest?  Everyone makes mistakes but people usually learn from them, McCullough continues to be dishonest.  As Critter said there is a big fat donation button on his site.  I don't know of any traditional people in his (self-imposed) position that do this. 

Yes. I am Native. You shouldn't have to ask that question though because color and race doesn't matter to me. As long as someone has their heart in the right place then I think it's right. You're saying just because someone is a different race than us, Spirit cannot be with them too. I don't think that is in our hands. I understand that we want our traditions protected. I do too. It shouldn't be a matter of race. I'm happy that our ways are being taught. It is keeping them alive as long as they are taught the right way. I have been raised in these ways as have most of you and I know a fraud when I see one. Steve is traditional and respectful.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #192 on: February 03, 2012, 02:23:51 pm »

As In Native country we have the right to ask; who you are; how much blood; what is your family names;
it is how we deteremine if we are relatived, as you use my langauge to relate that fact but did not introduce yourself as we would among our people.
In Spirit

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2012, 08:28:16 pm »
Kayla, have you read this whole thread? Do you understand that people have to earn the ceremonies in a good way, and that they have to be accountable to the community these ceremonies arise from and serve? Do you understand why this statement by Cetan is so important?

I have met him and also am going on the word of Darlene Cross, Vernal's widow who said he is a fraud. The word of a full blooded elder who interpreted for her husband who was a ceremony leader is good enough for me!

Do you know who Vernal Cross was? Do you know what he said about McCullough before he crossed, and what his family has to say about McCullough now? Do you understand about being accountable to relatives?

McCullough is exploiting the lost people who go to him, seeking a particular spiritual experience they have no right to, and that he has no right to give. No one who knows who they are goes to him.

It sounds like you got caught up in his web. If you do have any NDN heritage, I suggest you do what NDN people have said, repeatedly: Find the actual ceremonial people (and just regular people) in the Nation from which you have some ancestry, or where you have relatives. I don't say this to hurt you, but the fact you would trust, and promote, a non-Native, pay to pray exploiter like McCullough tells us you are either non-Native (and yes, that matters) or you are too out of touch with your own heritage to recognize what McCullough is and how he is participating in cultural genocide.

Yes. I am Native.

You still haven't answered the Native people who have asked you: Native to where? To whom?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 12:13:15 am by Kathryn »

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2012, 03:49:44 pm »
One other thing which I may have mentioned in this thread is that the last time Steve McCullough showed up at Elmer Running's Sundance Elmer threw him off his property. Elmer was the one who started the Salt Creek Sundance.