Author Topic: Hi from Australia  (Read 3260 times)

Offline MsWilma

Hi from Australia
« on: March 28, 2011, 09:20:56 pm »
Hello NAFPS people,  :)
I've been reading your forum for some time, and I've learnt a lot from you. Reading your forums has drawn me to learning a lot more about the appropriation of our aboriginal indigenous cultures here in oz.
I'm an Australian woman of Irish heritage, so in some ways there's not a lot I feel I'll be able to contribute. I gave some info about myself in an anonymous post to a blog that has been republished on the Crowther thread. If you're interested, I said something along these lines: My consciousness changed some fifteen years ago, to the point where I read energy and auras to some extent, and I have precognitive dreams, amongst other things. I dont practise as an energy healer, (so I definitely dont charge), and I dont belong to any groups.  I believe it's important for people drawn to a spiritual path to be committed to a grounded discipline, which I am: I'm a musician and a clinical music therapist. I believe that there are thousands, maybe millions, of people with a similar awareness to me (probably on this forum...) going about their own lives, guided by universal source. My frustration with newage frauds, aside from their theft of culture,  is that they disempower people and lead them away from their own innate spiritual wisdom.
I've actually been tempted to join since I've noticed one of the people you've exposed (Kiesha Crowther) is making her way down here in June. I also have a memory of 'White Eagle Woman' performing here some years ago. I have some connection with Melbourne's alternative community- eg I live in a forested township near the city with organic foodstores, yoga and meditation centres, I've been to plenty of alternative lifestyle festivals,etc etc... . It might be useful for me to spread news of reactions from ndns to these 'performers' in the future.
Cheers!

Teacher

Re: Hi from Australia
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 11:59:44 pm »
Welcome!  That would be wonderful if you can get the message out down there about this horrible woman.

Cheers!

Offline frogmatt3

Re: Hi from Australia
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 09:33:51 pm »
Gidday MsWilma.

Very interested to here the pretendian is headed this way. Wondering if you have any additional info? I'm in Melb and I reckon I'd like to get something going down here.

Good to see a clear mind in my home town.

Cheers

Matt Elliott
Mornington Vic.