General > Research Needed

Hector Ybarra aka "Hector Little Wolf"

<< < (3/12) > >>

Moma_porcupine:
Hi Tachia

I agree that there is always a concern when anonymous people make allegations of a personal experince - like that there is a man doing private ceremonies for women . I hope most people will know to take any unverifiable reports of questionable behavior from anonymous people on line, with more than a grain of salt. But NAFPS has many reports like this, and it can be hard to know how to warn the public there *may* be a problem, and protect people from having wierd an totally unfounded stories spread about them.

But I'm not clear about the rest of what you are saying here and why.

Are you saying you don't think these emails and fliers exist and someone has just made this up? I agree I like to be able to see for myself that someone is advertising themself as claimed. Because it's always possible someone might make up a story that someone was doing this just to make trouble. And it is  harder to verify who is behind a privately circulated flier or email.

So are you saying you don't think Hector Ybarra is involved in this at all, or that what he is actually doing over in Europe is being misrepresented by this supposed email and flier?

Or are you saying you think traditional cultural practices like Sweat Lodge, Tipi ceremony and Sacred songs belong over in Europe and the European community has what it takes to maintain these traditions in a good way?

Are you saying you think it's OK, as long as these ceremonial leaders don't do the advertising and charging for out of context cultural fragments themselves, and they only cooperate with the people who advertise them and set up charges, by showing up?

earthw7:
I am saying it is all wrong :o
People should not be doing ceremonies in Europe at all

bls926:
I googled Hector Ybarra and didn't find anything that pertained to this individual. Nothing good, nothing bad. Nothing. Nada. Zip. If he's such an exploiter, you'd think there'd be something on the internet. I'm not saying there's nothing out there, I just wasn't able to find it. Usually if there's smoke, I'm able to find the fire. Don't know. Maybe my investigative skills aren't what they used to be. I'll give it another shot.

There was some not-so-good stuff about a different Hector Ybarra. Hopefully no one is confusing these two men.

Edit to add: When googling Hector Little Wolf, I found several facebook accounts mentioning him. These are all in Norwegian, so I'm not sure what they're saying. I could assume they're talking about the seminar mentioned above, but I'm not going to do that. There are no pictures of Hector Little Wolf, neither is the name Ybarra used.

Camilla Angelina Håman

VisionQuest Bergen

Medium

Den Andre Siden

Defend the Sacred:
This is the "Research Needed" section, and if there are any inaccuracies with the names, or anyone has been mistaken for anyone else, I'll be glad to do my part to clear it up. I have no desire to cause distress to anyone who is innocent, or who may just have a common name. But so far it looks like this is all the same guy, and these workshops are being advertised on public "shamanism" boards online. I have no idea how many people have attended these pay to pray deals. Hopefully some of the people who've attended these things and/or written in about it will be posting here soon.

While all the public announcements I've seen say "Hector Little Wolf", both names have shared associates. In my opinion, there are just too many overlaps for it to be two different guys. But again, if there's been any mistake we'll clear it up.

Having people turn up with multiple names is really, really common. Call me cynical, but it wouldn't be the first time we've seen someone take a stage name and hit the newage workshop circuit, trying to keep that part of their life separate from their legal identity, or from the name they're known by back home. If this is the case, I think it's important for people to know about aliases someone may use.

In this public posting, advertising "Little Wolf" workshops on a shamanism board, the organizer/contact is:

Kjersti Jackson.

At the top of Kjersti Jackson's friends list is Hector Ybarra's wife, the above-mentioned Kelsie Young (and another page for her)

Kelsie Young's pages link to that of the band Coupstick.  "Hector" (no last name given) is the lead singer, and looks to be the guy in the picture in the Hector Ybarra email.

Commenting on their pictures page we again have "Hector Little Wolf" workshop organizer,  Kjersti Jackson. Saying: "Love and miss you guys......"

There are lots of people on Facebook. People being friended with one another, or posting cheery comments to one another, proves nothing. But these people all have smallish friends lists there, so it would be a rather huge coincidence. While all of the above is public (you may need a facebook account to see the pages, I'm not sure), it lines up with what's been sent in the emails.

Defend the Sacred:
Thanks for the links, Bonnie. Google translator seems to choke on Facebook formatting. But it does pretty well if you copy and paste the text in here: http://translate.google.com/#no|en|

______ from http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=327708337036&id=195197152036 _____
Camilla Angelina Håman in Shamanism - Healing - Self-discovery www.oneintent.net: Hector "Little Wolf" comes to Norway, and will have a workshop in Samnanger 16-April 18 and in Rendalen 23-April 25. There will be traditional Indian teaching about the sacred pipe, traditional healing, svettehytteseremoni.Tradisjoner from North America. There will also be possible to book a private consultation with Hector "LIttla Wolf". For info and registration: Call Kjersti Jackson on mobile 99 31 55 53 Deadline is March 1.

Would you like to learn about the North American Indian culture? Be to build sweat house, and experience a sweat house ceremony! This is unique in Norway! Medicine Man Hector "Little Wolf" is coming to Norway in April, and will have a workshop in Samnanger outside Bergen and Rendalen in North Østerdalen. Hector is publicly registered as a medicine man in the official U.S. registry. For more info: Kjersti Tel: 99315553.
February 11 at 7:12 am
_____ end quote _____
_____ from http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=69669593688 _____
VisionQuest Bergen Kjersti Jackson wish everyone a good Easter holiday! Workshop with Hector "Little Wolf" will be postponed to a later date. For those who would like to meet Hector and participate in various ceremonies, so he comes to Copenhagen in late April. Take the papal line with Frank Eagle Brother so he can provide further information. Have a lovely spring :-)
14 hours ago

Kjersti Jackson Would you like to learn about the North American Indian culture? Be to build sweat house, and experience a sweat house ceremony! This is unique in Norway! Medicine Man Hector "Little Wolf" is coming to Norway in April, and will have a workshop in Samnanger outside Bergen and Rendalen in North Østerdalen. Hector is the public registrert as medicine man in the official U.S. registry. For more info call 99315553
February 11 at 5:17 am
_____ end quote _____
I couldn't find the mention here: Found it http://www.facebook.com/pages/Den-Andre-Siden/239743367258

"Den Andre Siden" looks to be a talkshow hosted by four women. Looks like most of the participants on the board for the show are women. Info: "The other side "the other side" is a talk show about everything between heaven and earth. Four inspirational and dedicated program managers use their unique skills and insight into the spiritual in the face of phenomena we can not always explain."
_____ begin quote _____
Kjersti Jackson My Indian brother and teacher Hector Little Wolf comes to Norway, and will have a workshop in Samnanger 16-April 18 and in Rendalen 23-April 25. There will be traditional Indian teaching about the sacred pipe, traditional healing, sweat house ceremony. Traditions from North and South America. There will also be possible to order ...... private consultation with Hector Little Wolf. For more info call me on my mobile 99 31 55 53.Vis more
January 21 at 9:52 pm · View Feedback (2) Hide Feedback (2)
_____ end quote _____
In this one http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=55549666855
Camilla Angelina Håman  and Kjersti Jackson again post the same text they posted on the other boards (translated above), though the one by Camilla adds "traditions of North and South America".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version