Author Topic: Luz Clara, Chilean Medicine Woman  (Read 22635 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Luz Clara, Chilean Medicine Woman
« on: March 22, 2007, 10:29:33 pm »
Got a request for information on her. Allegedly Mapuche and associated with fraud Albert Villoldo.

http://www.luzclara.com/index.html
"Luzclara is a Chilean medicine woman, ceremonial leader, shamanic practitioner, and sound healer who dedicates her life to the healing of herself, Mother Earth and all of her beings. She has been working for the last 20 years in awakening the sacred feminine energies in the planet using ancient methods of ritual and magic. Although she resides in Chile, she has trained and studied with different indigeneous shamans around the world; among them, Machi Antonia Lincolaf, a shaman from the Mapuche people of Chile, the Quero shamans of Peru, and the Quichua shamans of the Amazon jungle of Ecuador. Her travels have included India and Tibet where she has deepened her sound healing techniques.
For the last fifteen years she has been uniting traditions of the Americas and leading ceremonies and workshops in both hemispheres. She brings groups to Chile to horse ride the Andes Mountains, communing and healing with Mother Earth.
As a young woman, Luzclara left her country after the violent takeover of the military dictatorship in Chile. She came to North America where she lived for nine years, first doing much political work for her country, and then after a painful illness, she realized she wasn't "walking her talk", but instead, living a big contradiction. Fighting for peace. Since then, she redirected her life to the healing of herself, and others.
In her exile, she learned valuable spiritual lessons from many teachers, and took them back to Chile for the healing of her people.
Based on the "Matchitun", the healing tradition of the Mapuche shamans of Chile, Luzclara has developed the "Healing Circle", a ceremonial sacred space where, with a unified intention everybody comes together from the heart, and connects with the shaman within. Using drums, rattles, dances, chants, and different healings instruments from many cultures, we pray for the healing of All.
As individuals, we will strengthen and deepen our connection to the Earth Mother . . . reawakening the Sacred Feminine from where all healing and love flows... and rediscovering the Machi , the healer in all of us.
Please join us for workshops and journeys into the shamanic wisdom traditions and ceremony shared with an open heart from an extraordinary, loving and exceptionally compassionate teacher . . . Luzclara . . .
Playing with the group La Ley in their unplug in Miami
At the Mankato (Minnesota) Women's Spirituality Conference"

http://www.luzclara.com/workshops.html
"Luzclara and Marcela Lobos, both initiated in the native healing traditions of the Americas, would like to invite you to an enlivening journey of the soul. We’ll travel to the Chilean Andes to dream with our eyes open...You’ll witness ancient healing ceremonies like the traditional Machitún from the Mapuche people and you’ll experience how we invite the spirits of the Earth to join with us. You’ll go through rites of passages that will allow you to leave behind those parts of yourself that no longer serve you...
Most of our days will be spent in a comfortable and warm camping setting in the mountains with healthy vegetarian meals. Non-strenuous hiking and or walking will be necessary and horse back riding will be an experience. Before and after the journey to the Mountain there will be optional massages...Optional individual healing sessions will be offered and also the opportunity to acquire a medicinal Mapuche drum, a kultrún, that comes with the proper ceremony of Initiation in the indigenous medicine way.
Please mail Marcela Lobos at thehealingexperience@hotmail.com if you are interested in this expedition."

http://www.luzclara.com/past_workshops.html

People who work with her.
http://swan.zaadz.com/
"I am a Peacekeeper in the Cherokee tradition, a mesa carrier in the Peruvian shamanic tradition and an initiated Kultrun (drum) carrier in the Chilean tradition. I have studied shamanic healing with numerous teachers including Americo Yabar of Peru, Dhyani Ywahoo a medicine woman of the Etowah Band of Eastern Tsalagi (Cherokee) Nation, LuzClara, medicine woman of Chile, Jessi Ayani and Norma Tarango. I integrate Andrean cosmology, Cherokee and Buddhist teachings, sound healing, Radiant Frequencies, art, Mind-body skills and Earth medicine into my shamanic practice and am a member of the Society of Shamanic Practitioners and am an ordained Priestess of the Global Goddess. I am also a facilitator, taking groups to Chile to work with the shaman and the medicine woman Luzclara.
Katelyn creates a powerful monthly newsletter on the use of creative arts as a spiritual path, called Sacred Whimsy And Nourishment (SWAN)."

http://dosmargaritas.wordpress.com/2006/10/31/luzclara-at-dos-margaritas-in-patagonia/

http://www.craighartel.com/
"I found my way to Easter Island where I studied the healing ways of the indigenous women healers under the guidance of Luzclara, a Chilean medicine woman. This set me "on fire" and my journey began to soar from there.
Upon my return I told just about everyone I met about my experience in Easter Island. That's when I first heard about the Center for Wholeness. Several people I talked to mentioned and encouraged me to go to the center and meet Ron Moor. After learning what the center offered and talking to Ron a few times, I immediately enrolled in the Healer Certification and Minister of Healing Program. It was a two year program that provided me with a strong grounding of spiritual consciousness and healing technique.
About a year and a half into the Healing Program, I went with a group to Peru where I met and "unofficially" began my studies with master shaman don Theo Paredes. I learned just enough about intention, thanking, ceremony and Andean spirituality to know this was my path. Their beliefs were mine, only mine did not contain the depth and knowledge. I was hungry for knowledge and don Theo became my teacher taking me deeper and deeper into the ways of the shaman. My studies have spanned over seven years and continue on today.
The way of the shaman is my way. I practice their spiritual ways and have helped many, many people through the ceremonies in the Energetic Vision Quest and Hands-on-Healing."

http://www.rainbowjourney.com/article1_print.html
"I finally had the privilege of working with the Chilean medicine woman LuzClara, who I had wanted to meet for years. LuzClara, a profound healer and ceremonial leader, has devoted her life to the healing of Mother Earth. She has learned from various indigenous traditions and is one of a select few Mestizo women to be initiated into the Mapuche shamanic traditions; a matriarchal healing tribe of Southern Chile. Additionally she has lived in the United States and has a deep love and understanding of the struggles unique to the contemporary urban woman. Words fail miserably to communicate the impact this meeting had on me. During that relatively brief encounter I made a quantum leap in healing aspects of both the feminine as well as masculine imbalances that existed in my life.
I returned home committed to integrating these teachings in my professional and personal healing practices. I began to forgive not only my body for not being perfect but the culture that imprinted this wound on my heart and self-concept. I began to honor my moontime and offer my blood to the Earth Mother in my garden and my plants. The tree in my office had flowering buds that spring and my cactus plant grew arms that looked like breasts. Nine months after that original prayer on the beach I had a dream that I had grown a second uterus. It was swollen with blood and popped open like a water bag before the delivery of a baby. When I meditated on this amazing dream, the guidance I received was that I now had the space necessary to hold the collective, and it was time to create a medicine circle for women.
Eighteen months later I am in the process of weaving my third circle. Together we have created a sacred hoop where each woman can grow her own medicine. Through the purity of our heartsí intent and the power of our prayers these circles have found a den deep in Pachamamaís belly where we have been held sweetly and grown strong. While most of the participants do not have a chosen career as a "healer", all have a healing affect on those they touch. Together we have shared, witnessed, sang, cried and cheered in support of each otherís journey to reclaim our souls and our wholeness. The most amazing miracle of our circles has been the presence of the most healing elixir in the universe - love.
In June of 2000 the circles came together to form one powerful community to celebrate and honor the creation of a collective dream. Our guest faculty was LuzClara and DJ Leggit, medicine woman and director of Camp Ronora, an exquisite piece of sacred, native land in Michigan where the gathering was held. Merging with the elements enabled us to surrender the residual cellular memories of self hatred, cultural violations and unhealthy physical conditions to the beautiful lake that magically transformed into the watery womb of the Mother. LuzClara led us into the creation of a Mapuche community healing ceremony. Her lyrical way of stating that "your healing is my healing" came to life as we all dressed up for ceremony and the elements, celestial beings and ancestors of our South American sisters graced us with a life altering visitation. By the time we humbly crawled into the womb to participate in a Sweat Lodge dedicated to the life cycle of the woman, we were all ready to sweat like warriors. We whispered stories of our first moontime, gave thanks for our mothers and prayed for our sisters around the world. D.J. made the depth of this experience possible by opening the lodge retelling the story of how native men marveled that women could bleed but did not die. When we left that Sunday afternoon some of us felt shaken to the bone, others with profound rejuvenation; all of us knowing that the juicy, passionate, loving and sacred wisdom of the feminine was resuscitated within each of us and had a strong pulse. Our partners, families, children and friends all sensed this approaching presence and welcomed us home knowing something powerful had happened.
During the course of the gathering our resident crone LuzClara calmly stated that since going through ìmellowpauseî initiation she was no longer anyoneís mother. I followed behind her feeling like I was everyoneís mother. However, when I returned home to my two beautiful maiden daughters my vision was attuned and awakened to the wonder of the triple goddess"

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:fJgqJF4w5TAJ:www.maskappeals.com/aboutus.html+luzclara+chilean+%22medicine+woman%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=20&gl=us
Marrria's Bio:
Marrria began her work in the Chilean Mapuche tradition in 1995 with Luzclara and Quinturay Raipan. It was at this time she received her Kultrun and spiritual name, Janiqueo. Marrria continues to learn from Quinturay, and travel with her. They have been to Argentina, and to the Mapuche land in the South of Chile, Nuevo Imperial, where Marrria met and received high ceremony - namely a Guillatun - from Quinturay’s spiritual teacher, Machi Clarita.
When Quinturay challenged Marrria to pursue her own scared Path, Marrria began to unearth a spiritual body of work through dream time, meditation, and ritual. This work took many years to develop, and is now the working foundation for the New York Women’s Circle, a group which Marrria facilitates...
Marrria is also a Mesa carrier.  She studied with Alberto Villoldo, Juan Nunez del Prado, and Oscar Miro Quesada. Marrria spent two intensive months in Peru, where she was initiated into the Quero tradition...
Birdwoman's Bio:
Birdwoman began her spiritual path in 1969 after reading Don Juan, A Yaqui Way of Knowledge. She followed her spiritual path through nature based Native American studies, until in 1986, when she met Amylee, of Tippecanoe, Ohio, last granddaughter in a lineage of Iroquois Medicine Women. Birdwoman is an original Shield Sister, a rainbow coalition of women from around the world, who ceremony around the moon cycles and come together roughly once a year in Ceremony under Amylee’s teachings. Birdwoman is also a member of the Council of Shield Sisters.
It was at a Bear Tribe Medicine Wheel in 1996 that Birdwoman met Marrria, Juaniqueo. Marrria became Birdy's best friend and inspiration - over and over again - as she encouraged Birdy to connect more deeply with her divine feminine. Up until that time, Birdy was spending the majority of her energy holding up a “tough-guy??? attitude, as she moved around the patriarchal community within which she worked.
Through Maria, Birdwoman was graciously introduced to the juicy live energy of LuzClara, Chilean Light and Sound Worker. While studying with LuzClara, Birdy challenged herself  in 1997 to a spiritual quest in which she traveled deep into the Andes mountains on horseback. It was on this trip that Birdwoman received her spiritual name and healing medicine drum, the Kultrun, from Quinturay Raipan, an indigenous Mapuche Medicine Woman, with whom she still studies.
Birdwoman is a Kultrun carrier, a ceremonial mask maker, a practicing ritual tribal dancer, and a beginning student of Yoga. She is also a Reiki Master, and a founding member of the New York Women's Circle...
Currently, Birdwoman, in the throws of major life altering transformations, is using these experiences to fuel new rituals and sacred choreography. Sourcing from the Divine Goddess, she is welcoming a new paradigm

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

Re: Luz Clara, Chilean Medicine Woman
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 08:30:33 am »
People who work with her.
http://swan.zaadz.com/
"I am a Peacekeeper in the Cherokee tradition, a mesa carrier...

'Sacred Whimsy and Nourishment': you couldn't invent this stuff. Is this some new meaning of the word 'mesa' or does she just work out a lot?

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 03:06:26 am »
Pretty funny when you think about it. A mesa is the term used over here in the southwest for a big flat elevated plain. Mesa means table in Spanish.

I can just picture someone trying to carry a whole mesa on their back, almost like Atlas from Greek myths.

La Ley (The Law) is a kind of folk rock protest music group, very popular in Latin America. Not too particular about who they hang out with I guess.

Offline bonestyx

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 03:01:43 pm »
Looks like this one's at it again....

Luzclara advertised a course in "Andean Sacred Sexuality" in Sedona at the local health food market.

http://www.worldviewz.net/andean_sacred_sexuality_oct08_about.html

From her own website (luzclara.com):

I am one that has been borned with the gift of the remembrance of the sacred sex. When men and women danced together in the act of love to Adore the god and goddess in each other and offer their pleasure for the healing of All.

I remember the old temples, I remember the ceremonies of Sacred Sex, when human beings made love in a completely devotional way, as a healing tool of prayer.

Ugh. Does it get any worse than this, folks?!

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 03:19:33 pm »
She must be reading too many Harley Reagan books. Ick.

Offline bonestyx

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 04:22:43 pm »
She sounds awfully German in this YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cskU_pBuzso

Love the part where she claims to have been initiated by a whole roster of indigenous cultures throughout the world. Must have been tough to fit all those initiations into her schedule on the workshop circuit.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 06:16:38 pm »
She must be reading too many Harley Reagan books. Ick.

Oh you'd be surprised how many men trot out the old, "In the old way, the woman would give herself to the sundance leader. I know a way we can make the ceremony more powerful..." schtick.

Then again, you probably wouldn't.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 10:58:41 pm »
No, no suprises there. I was almost raped by a "Crow Medicine Man". Found out he tried to rape two of my friends. I was maybe 23 or 24. Naive but not stupid. When I said no, he tried to rape me. I ran from hius house and started the 10 mile walk to  my part of Seattle, and he wanted to give me a ride. I was crying, hysterical. He did give me a ride while telling me not to tell because who would they believe, him or me. And as far as he was concerned, I was a whore. Even though I never sold myself and had not even had many boyfriends. People finally caught on when he tried to smuggle booze into a rehab center and was hounding the beautiful granddaughter of a powerful man, age 19 to his 60+, for sex. He picked the wrong victime because her family came down on himm like a ton of bricks. But he got many women to have sex with him and then discarded them like used tissue. 

When he died I was at a pow wow where theyt asked for donations for his funeral and I said no. My friends asked why and I said "the bastard tried ti rape me and I am glad he is dead."  Two people said he had tried to do that to them. No, we did not raise it up publicly, but some of the women did not donate.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 04:47:19 am »
*shakes head sadly* Yours is an all-too-common story. And too many of these men are still out there. Women need to be very careful. Some of these guys have carefully-crafted public personas that would never lead those who don't know them well to suspect... but then you start listening to the women in the community...

ETA: Or more to the point, you start listening to the women who suddenly don't show up at community events anymore, or who used to be confident and outgoing and now seem beat-down, frightened and insecure. Or you seek out the guy's ex-wives, the ones he told everyone were crazy, and you start to realize their accounts of events line up with each other and make more sense than his.

BTW, October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Just sayin'...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 08:45:26 pm by Yells At Pretendians »

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 11:18:47 pm »
Good point about ex-wives. One fraud around here told everyone that his wife was ill and had begged him to leave and find a "real woman." One of my friends saw her in the bank looking better than she had in years and exclaimed "Why L! I thought you were sick! Roy said you were!" And L replied "Oh yeah, I was sick all right. Sick of having a cheating huisband!"

Offline WINative

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 11:48:51 pm »
I saw this posted on the web-site of Marcela Lobos, listed as one of her teachers.

marcelalobos.com

LUZCLARA CAMUS – From 2004  –

As soon as Luzclara and I met we understood that we needed to work together. I was creative and enthusiastic and she was wise and experienced. Since then we have lead several women’s journeys to Chile together and I am beyond grateful for what she has taught me. In November 2014 Luzclara initiated me as a Sweat Lodge leader from her Lakota lineage (she was initiated by Sun Bear).

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 04:51:38 pm »
I saw this posted on the web-site of Marcela Lobos, listed as one of her teachers.

marcelalobos.com

As soon as Luzclara and I met we understood that we needed to work together. I was creative and enthusiastic and she was wise and experienced. Since then we have lead several women’s journeys to Chile together and I am beyond grateful for what she has taught me. In November 2014 Luzclara initiated me as a Sweat Lodge leader from her Lakota lineage (she was initiated by Sun Bear).

What the heck is "Lakota lineage"? And Sun Bear was Anishinabe. The only people I hear the term "lineage" from (Other than geneologists) are wiccans. I hear tham use it to define which branch of wicca they use.

Autumn

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 05:09:27 pm »

marcelalobos.com

What the heck is "Lakota lineage"? And Sun Bear was Anishinabe. The only people I hear the term "lineage" from (Other than geneologists) are wiccans. I hear tham use it to define which branch of wicca they use.

You hear Buddhists talk about "lineage" a lot.  Also, we have a person who we have investigated on this site, Pete Bernard, who apparently sells his "lineage".

Through the " 8th Fire School of Algonquin Shamanism ", which he founded, Pete is our teacher and mentor. He was himself tutored, from a very young age, by 6 teachers among which was his grandfather, Matt Bernard. Pete's Great Grandfather and Grandfather were Master Canoe Builders, and much of the philosophy of Manido Chiman, or "Spirit of the Canoe" is reflected in his Algonquin Tradition of Healing. It is through Pete's guidance that we have the privilege and honor to have received Great Fire Healing Energy and Sacred Rites. We have been accepted into his lineage and have his and his Ancestors', as well as our own Ancestors' and Elders', authorization to perform traditional Shamanic work.
(emphasis mine)
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=544.30