Author Topic: Tribal America  (Read 57498 times)

frederica

Re: Tribal America
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2008, 04:43:38 am »
Shelia, I have no idea what the purpose of that site is, it looks more like a chat room.  Little of what I have seen is what I call fluffy and silly.  I do know I went and look when this first started and looked at their application. It listed the Nations, then stated check one. Went on to say if you do not have one, pick one. Well, that sent up red flags for me. I would have never joined to begin with. I could only guess. It's not a question of not believing, it's a question of are they frauds, I have never seen any real proof from files that they are expoiting people for money. They are not a 501c3. It looks like a business run by people fron India. But everyone keeps calling each other liars, and it is he said or she said against she said. I have a very good idea of what it is. Like many of the Internet groups, it starts well, then is taken over. There is a lot of disrespect on the Internet, and I see more and more of it, I not sure why. Now, if someone can give some concrete proof of exploitation, or misuse of Spirituality would be helpful. But people just can sit around and call each other liars without some concrete. Some people are just jerks, not what I call a true fraud. I don't disbelieve anyone, it's just not going anywere. I don't know these people's motives for trying to do a NDN group. It's not illegal to charge fees it they are asking  the group to pay for the server. Are they making a profit? Are they paying taxes?  Is this just another Internet Cultural Heritage group with a lot of non-Ndns? Can you prove they are ripping people off?  Concrete information is needed. Thanks.   
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 04:59:42 am by frederica »

Offline Lonefeather

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2008, 05:11:45 am »
Perhaps you Fredrica, are able to turn a blind eye to the actual proof of whats happening,but we are not for WE are Native...and we can read.And by you dancing around my questions and ignoring them, you HAVE answered them.I see no aurgument here...I see a fraud, a fake and many lies being exposed. And I see it being allowed to continue in a place where justice for Native peoples is merely claimed, instead of acted upon.Perhaps your solution to it all is to just "get out"and move on to another site.But, I can assure you that this is not our way.As long as non-natives are taking money from our people that is unaccounted for,and disrespecting our culture,traditions and our elders...a blind eye will not be turned.You are right however, it is a business and a shady one at that.It is unfortunate that you can not see any "corruption"...many others have have seen it with their own eyes.So, you will have to forgive those of us who refuse to move on and let it die on its own.

frederica

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2008, 05:20:09 am »
Then supply the information.

Offline Lonefeather

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2008, 05:47:13 am »
Tsissy has supplied information. The proof is there in between all the sarcasm and personal attacks.But there is no need for you to worry any longer with it...it will be handled now by our own people, as Tsissy has stated.

frederica

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2008, 06:25:26 am »
That's good news. I'm sure the Cherokees can manage it.  Tsissy is Keetoowah and I have faith in her. I don't know who you are. And I not going to argue. My opinion, to which I am entitled is that there is not enough information. If it was they would be down some time back. It's not just about arguing. But when people come in and start with an argument, I will generally try to stop it. Especially when it's been said before. It serves no purpose. We already believe what we are going to believe. The same argument is not going to change it.  I not going to let people just come in and start jumping on others out of the blue and everyone having to  spend their time defending themselves. It doesn't make sense to me. And that's all I have to say about this.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 09:38:26 am by frederica »

Offline Tsisqua

• Native American Unity ~ NAU
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2008, 12:23:18 pm »
Quote from Frederica

I'm sure the Cherokees can manage it.

Im sorry Frederica...I didn't say this was being handled by the "Cherokees"... I said another group is dealing with it...and just to clarify ...they are from all nations....I just wanted to make that clear...I didnt want people to be mislead in thinking the Keetoowah's have stepped in...lol...or the Cherokee Nation...because they haven't. Thanks.

Quote from Tsisqua

That's fine...and you are entitled to your opinion as are we...we've taken the matter elsewhere now, to those who are actually concerned about this and who believe in doing the right thing about such frauds...not picking and chosing whats important....frauds are frauds...and fakes are fakes...and I know these people will get the job done...afterall...they've many years of experience of dealing with Native Injustice, successfully I might add...and are well know for their work...they clearly see there is a huge issue with regards to TA and monies being taken in under false pretenses..and have been watching this thread a while now, not to mention others..Oh...and the IRS are looking into this FYI. I wont post about it here again....it will be dealt with away from here....with native people...since its evidently a native concern.

With Respect.

Tsissy
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 12:27:12 pm by Tsisqua »
There are no leaders in Unity

frederica

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2008, 12:27:48 pm »
No problem, I misunderstood. Just didn't want you to have to put up with another fight.