Can you tell me the stories i would like to here them,
We have our winter counts that shows our travels for two
thousand years, where we came from and we have no records of
being on the east coast. The only evidence is someone talks like us
and at that it is only a few words.
anyone who was native 300 years ago and married outside there people
would not be native today but only a descent of a tribe,
they would not have charartic of native people-no hair on their bodies-
no body ordor-hard ear wax-ect..............

tuschkahouma:
I have heard stories from Kaw people I've spoken to refer to a big body of water and shells in their old homeland. I know that they fought
the Haudenosaunee people before there was a confederacy. The Osage, Kaw, Ponca, Quapaw, and Omaha were once one people.
When they split the Omaha were the upstream people and the Quapaw were the downstream people. The Biloxi and Mosapelea or
Ofogoula (Dog People in my language Choctaw) split and went south along the Mississippi River and then went across the Mississippi
River and joined the Tunica on land awarded by Benito De Galvaez the Spanish Governor of Louisiana in 1778 that is now the Marksville
and Mansura LA area which I visited in 1998 going to Pascagoula, MS.

I've previously heard of a connection between the Lakota and the Mohawk in old times. I know that the Lakota and Dakota peoples
battled the Ojibwe in Wisconsin and Minnesota a couple of centuries ago and the Ojibwe won. The Lakota, Dakota, and Nakota
may have come across the Great Lakes and not the East Coast, but the Chiwere and Dheghia peoples came from the VA and NC
Coast. I remember a Kickapoo elder named Reggie in Lawrence, KS, who spoke of when his people fought the Dakota which
was probably between 1680 and 1720 and he spoke of the battles being in Illinois and Wisconsin. This was a story passed down
to him which he shared with me. This battle was east of the Mississippi River. There are Osage people I know that back up their
migration from the east and usually put it a couple of hundred years before the white people do like around 1100 AD or so. The white
historians state 1541 as the time when the Dheghia came west from the Piedmont area along Chesapeake Bay. You made me just remember
the split between the Yanktonai and the Stoney or Assiniboine above Minnesota in the 1700's. I love how skeptical you are.
You all question info on here that other native people I know have known for years. oh well.

AnnOminous:

--- Quote ---You made me just remember
the split between the Yanktonai and the Stoney or Assiniboine above Minnesota in the 1700's. I love how skeptical you are.
You all question info on here that other native people I know have known for years. oh well.
--- End quote ---
I rarely respond to insolence but will make an exception here because I hate false information.
There are Stoney First Nations and Assiniboin First Nations Reserves in Alberta and Saskatchewan, in western Canada.
There are no Stoney or Assiniboin Reserves "above Minnesota."

tuschkahouma:
if you read it right I said they split in that area and I know they are not there now. I have family near Kenora, Ontario, so I knew that.
Did I not say in the 1700's? of course they're not there now. Comment after you've read the whole statement. The Yanktonai
are further west with some of them being in Montana and the others in Canada and some in SD.

earthw7:
I've previously heard of a connection between the Lakota and the Mohawk in old times. I know that the Lakota and Dakota peoples
battled the Ojibwe in Wisconsin and Minnesota a couple of centuries ago and the Ojibwe won. The Lakota, Dakota, and Nakota
may have come across the Great Lakes and not the East Coast,

As historian I have to correct this the Dakota were in Minneosta and Michigan, the Lakota did not break off from the Dakota until 1600s they moved into the Minnesota area. It upset me that there is some much misinformation out there about my people. There was no Lakota in 1500s or before that the so called fight with the Chippewa happend with the Dakota because there was no Nakota either at that time. This fight happened in Michigan and it was only one fight no one lost and the Dakota moved south into Wisocnsin. I know my peoples history. That is why i can tell you sponi story is false because they say they come from the Blackfeet Lakota and they did not exist until after they left Minnesota and moved into Iowa then the Blackfeet broke off from the Oglala and moved north a very small band.
I am Ihunktonwana, Pabaska and Sisseton Dakota and Hunkpapa, Sihspapa and Oglala and if you don;t' know what that means
I am Yanktonais, Cuthead  then Sisseton of the Dakota and Hunkpapa, Blackfeet and Oglala of the Lakota.
I have been doing my peoples history for 20 years and right i can tell some of the eastern stories don't add up.
They can not even tell you what band and society they come from unless they read it in a book.
My people the Yanktonais formed a Hunka-Adoption with the Cree people and from them was born the Assiniboin or Stony Sioux People.
I know who Iam and where I come from

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version