Author Topic: Just a general question  (Read 6204 times)

Offline irasna

Just a general question
« on: May 27, 2012, 05:21:50 am »
 ???
Does the term "Grandmother" as a spiritual Elder only apply to First Nations persons or can it apply to anyone who was given this title by the community?
Also how legitimate is it when someone who is Euro-American claims to be a Grandmother and talks about "weaving" teachings from other traditions (i.e reiki, crystal skulls, astrology, Miguel Ruiz, claiming psychic ability) with Native spirituality?

Offline ShadowDancer

Re: Just a general question
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 05:26:46 am »
Also how legitimate is it when someone who is Euro-American claims to be a Grandmother and talks about "weaving" teachings from other traditions (i.e reiki, crystal skulls, astrology, Miguel Ruiz, claiming psychic ability) with Native spirituality?

It isn't...  ::)

Offline irasna

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 02:13:41 pm »
Then I guess this person isn't a "Grandmother" at all.
She also claims to do earth healing work, working with the earth's grid/matrix.
It's too bad, I guess I had to learn the hard way that her psychic "gifts" were fraudulent but I'm not Native so I wasn't sure what's the right and wrong way of reporting these things.

Epiphany

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 08:05:46 pm »
Can you give us her name? That will help us research her further. This will help others in turn perhaps not be tricked.

Offline tecpaocelotl

• That one guy...
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 08:25:18 pm »
I'm assuming the person is referring to this person:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2871.0

Offline irasna

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 01:52:05 am »
Actually no, it's not Keisha Crowther. The person I'm talking about is near Boston.
I'd rather not say her name, she has a lot of friends who visit this board and if I listed her, she'd know it was me and I don't really want any legal hassles or anything of the sort.

I'll only say that she's combining Reiki, crystal skulls, astrology etc. with Native Teachings and says the Spirits tell her "the time is now to weave teachings" because "it's the time for the rainbow tribe and rainbow chldren". I didn't know any better since I'm not from the Native community and no one else said anything so I just thought that it's something you just accept and forget about.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 02:02:13 am »
Irasna if her friends frequent this board shame on them (shame on you people!).  Massachusetts is becoming more and more of a hot bed of appropriation. 

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 03:23:26 am »
Irasna, you can always privately tell one of the moderators what her name is, and let them
deal with it.

press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 12:37:31 pm »
why come to the board if you will not give us the information
if a person is doing bad things we need to know as native people
to understand who is lying about my culture
In Spirit

Offline irasna

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 12:51:08 pm »
earthw7, I sent a PM to educatedindian with all the details, so hopefully the folks at NAFPS can look into this.